These pancakes are packed with protein making a super nutritious post-workout breakfast – the perfect blend of complex carbs, protein and good fats. Matcha is packed with antioxidants and tahini (sesame paste) is full of potassium and magnesium, an essential ingredient to speed up muscle recovery. It’s also a great source of Methionine, which aids in liver detoxification.
Simple to whip up, these pancakes are a flipping (excuse the pun!) delicious alternative to your standard pancakes – and are positively GOOD for you!
Ingredients (for 2)
- 1 large ripe banana
- 4 eggs (can sub in for flax/chia eggs if Vegan)
- ½ cup unsweetened pea or brown rice protein
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp matcha powder
- 1 tsp tahini
- 1 tsp flax seed
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp coconut oil – for frying
- Whizz all ingredients in a blender until well combined.
- Leave to sit for about 30 minutes to allow the mixture to thicken – you can speed up this process by placing it in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Place the coconut oil in a frying pan and turn to a high heat.
- Scoop about 2-3 tbsp of the mixture per pancake. When the sides start to crisp up, flip and cook for a further minute.
- Serve with extra sesame, a drizzle of tahini, or some seaweed flakes for some extra greens! You could even top this with a poached or fried egg for some extra protein.
By Amelia Stewart of Cook First. For more of Amelia’s delightful recipes, please visit www.cookfirst.co.uk/samplerecipes.