Image from Flickr Creative Commons photographer Kari Sullivan
Tanya Borowski works privately with clients from her clinic on Harley Street, specializing in a functional medicine approach to health care. She works mainly in the area of digestive and gluten related issues, immune and auto-immunity, thyroid health – being 1 of only a handful of practitioners in the UK to have undergone postgraduate training with Dr Datis Kharrizan, the leading integrative Dr in this area, and fatigue syndromes such as CFS.
Sweet Potato Hummus
- 1 large sweet potato , cooked & mashed
- 1 can (15 oz) chick peas, drained, rinsed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, halved
- 1. teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor, and puree until smooth.
- Enjoy with a plate of crudities like carrot batons, raw courgette, pepper, cucumber, radishes, fennel, celery or warp in some white spring cabbage leaves- yum!!