Easy to whip up and a gorgeous crowd-pleaser, this sumptuous chocoholic’s dream is Vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free and even nut-free, so you won’t have to worry about accommodating your guests’ dietary requirements.
The avocados the mousse a gorgeously smooth and creamy texture, yet you wouldn’t even know they were there as the mint and cacao give a beautiful flavour.
Full of good fats, fibre and essential minerals – this mousse could also make a cheeky Christmas morning post-workout breakfast.
Makes about 6 mini mousse pots
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 3/4 cup (90 g) raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup or coconut syrup
- 3 drops peppermint oil
- pinch of salt
- sprigs of fresh mint
- cacao nibs or crushed peppermint candy canes (to garnish)
- Place the avocado in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- While the avocado is blending, sift the cacao powder into the coconut milk and whisk together, trying to remove any lumps, until the mixture starts to thicken and is smooth.
- Once the avocado is blended into a smooth paste, add the chocolate mixture to the blender, as well as the salt, maple/coconut syrup and peppermint oil.
- Blend for until smooth and fully combined.
- Dish out mousse and garnish with a sprig of fresh mint, crushed peppermint candy canes or cacao nibs – and enjoy!
By Amelia Stewart of Cook First. For more of Amelia’s delightful recipes, please visit www.cookfirst.co.uk/samplerecipes.